An engine without fuel is just like a lump of metal. While it is possible to build audience slowly just with superb content, your effort won’t be optimal.
- There are successful bloggers who raise to the top not because of their content. They write average content but they expose themselves to the right audience.
- With millions of blogs online, you have no choice but to make your blog and content stand out from the crowd. The only way to do that is through promotion.
- When it comes to promotion, a lot of bloggers hold themselves back because they think they have to pitch something. Instead of chasing your target audience you could make them come to you by providing informative substance. That’s what I call educational marketing.
- An interesting thing about this is because you are already content producer, you will be able to leverage your content.
- For instance, offer to be a guest blogger on other people’s blogs. Make use of what you know to gain audience. It is so easy because you are just like stealing traffic from other established blogs.
- From the search engine standpoint, promotion is done to get a network of inbound links pointing back to your blog pages. With the right anchor text in the links, search engines do their magic to determine the rankings of your pages, along with the on-page optimization and other factors.